How do you like the collection? What are your favourite looks?
Monday, September 15, 2014
Saturday, September 13, 2014
This week had so many great links, it was super hard to decide which ones to pick. Like a wardrobe filled with amazing clothing, sometimes it's just overwhelming to chose the best among greats. I know, #firstworldproblems. Leave it to us to find a way to complain about being so lucky. This week, it's all about having fun, enjoying life and getting on top of things. You know, striking the perfect balance. Sure, the perfect balance doesn't exist, but it's sure as heck worth trying!
- Alicia Tensie: How to Pitch Brands as a Blogger
- Alysa Lovely: How To Be More Like Blair Waldorf
- Attire Club: Funny Fashion Laws from Around the World
- Bon Jourdin: Neutral Nails
- DressCode:HighFashion: Barbie Lagerfeld Launched World Wide September 29th
- Everyday Starlet: Joan Rivers Tribute: The Joan Ranger Salute
- Fashion Trends and More: 3 Ways to Style a Plaid Shirt Dress
- Lazy Cat Style: Let's Talk About Lauren Bacall
- Mama In Heels: How to Pack Light for an NYC Trip
- Marie Trepanier: 7 Things I Learned About Skincare in My 20's
- Mode Valentina: Interview with Hoss Intropia
- Nai Visions: Fall Essentials
- Step Strays: 6 Tips for the Perfect Flat-Lay Photo
- Storybook Apothecary: Fashion Trends to Try Before You Die
- Style Through Her Eyes: Beauty Hack: Urban Decay Primer Potion
- The Curatorial: H&M and the Ethics of Selling
- The Daily Luxe: 5 Handmade DIY Tops
- The Fashion Junki: How to Get Organized
- The Rivaux: The Boyish Femininity That is Minka Toeth
- The Trendy Techie: The Best 3D Printed Fashion You Can Buy Now
SPONSOR: Shopbop Amber Sceats, Day Birger, Public School, Etudes Studio, Men's LBT, CSBLA, Doma, Sophie Hulme, Dav, Furla Bags & Women's Watches
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Mattel, Inc. and Karl Lagerfeld announced the official global launch date and retail availability of the collector doll, Barbie Lagerfeld. The Platinum-label Barbie doll will be offered in limited quantities through exclusive retail channels including; Net-A-Porter, select Karl Lagerfeld stores, TheBarbieCollection.com, and Colette in Paris. The worldwide retail launch is set for Monday, September 29, 2014.
Taking inspiration from the designer’s signature style, Barbie Lagerfeld is dressed in the designer’s likeness with accents taken from the real Karl Lagerfeld line. Borrowing from Karl’s iconic silhouette, the doll wears a tailored black jacket, white high-collared men's shirt with French cuffs and black satin cravat finished off with fitted black jeans featuring the iconic all-over head print. The doll is adorned in accessories that include black fingerless gloves, sunglasses, black ankle boots and a black leather purse with silver metallic accents.
“We couldn’t be more excited about Barbie Lagerfeld – bringing together two of fashion’s most celebrated icons in such a legendary way has been an incredibly rewarding experience for all of us,” said Kim Culmone, Vice President Global Product Design, Barbie. “The doll is a true celebration of both fashion legends.”
The Platinum-label Barbie Lagerfeld doll will be available in limited quantities (only 999 dolls will be produced) for approximately $200 USD or €200 Euro.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Burberry has launched My Burberry, its new fragrance for women.
Created by Burberry Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer Christopher Bailey, My Burberry takes its name from the affectionate way in which people refer to their Burberry trench coat.
Burberry’s personalised experience breaks new ground with the perfume`s monogrammed bottle. Customers are able to physically personalise their My Burberry bottle with up to three initials through a monogramming service available online and selected Burberry and wholesale stores.
Inspired by a London garden after the rain, the scent is the ultimate expression of the brand’s past, present and future.
“My Burberry is the true embodiment of our brand, in scent, in design and in attitude. A fragrance that takes its lead from the iconic Burberry trench has to be outstanding in every way” commented Christopher Bailey.
“We have created a beautifully crafted grand floral unique to Burberry - the perfect accompaniment to the Burberry trench.” added Perfumer Francis Kurkdjian.
Marking the first time the longstanding Burberry models have appeared together in a campaign, Mario Testino has shot British icons Kate Moss and Cara Delevingne wearing their Burberry Heritage trench coat.
The soundtrack to the campaign is “I Put A Spell On You" performed by British musician Jeff Beck featuring Joss Stone.